Tuesday, May 23, 2006

skatepark rail addition


skatepark rail addition
Originally uploaded by superiorskate.
I've asked the City to add this rail to the plain pyramid. Click on the photo for a larger version. What do you think about the setup? I know the picture isn't the greatest, but I think you can get the idea. It's your basic flat-down style rail would gives you more versatility than a complete up-flat-down (also named a battleship rail). I've seen people setup one of the loose flatbars on the top of this pyramid so a few people are think along the same lines. Also the skatepark in SSM Michigan has a flat-down. Leave a comment and let me know what you think.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Trav, as you know, I'm not the guy that skates rails, but I know this is going to get alot of use from other skaters. Let's get it done!

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always like square tube instead of round pipe rail.
J.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Searchmont and Area Freestyle Alliance said...

I figured tubing (round bar) would be the best. Also considering they have a similar setup in Sault Mich except their's is square tubing (4" wide x 2" high) and I wanted to have something that we don't already have in our area. Some people say round is harder for some tricks, but it also opens the door to different tricks or makes smiths and such easier.

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good points. My square preference probably comes from my sad pool of tricks - 50/50s, boardslides, and noseslides all go smoother on the square.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo when they gonna build this thing i cant wait to skate it!!!! from a different anonymous lol

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the idea alot ! great thinking man whens it gona be done?

mike

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think it would be awsome to have that rail, because the one in sault mich is sick and it wouldn't take much to put a rail on the pyramid in our park.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home